Looking for information about the Independent Foreclosure Review?
Homeowners whose primary residence was part of a foreclosure action between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010, and whose home loan was serviced by a participating servicer, may be eligible for an Independent Foreclosure Review.
The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (federal bank regulators) have required an Independent Foreclosure Review by an independent consultant to identify eligible customers who may have been financially injured due to errors, misrepresentations or other deficiencies in their foreclosure process. If the review finds that financial injury occurred, the customer may receive compensation or other remedy.
To qualify, your mortgage loan would need to meet the initial eligibility criteria:
- Your mortgage loan was serviced by one of the participating mortgage servicers.
- Your mortgage loan was active in the foreclosure process between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010.
- The property was your primary residence.
Eligible customers will be mailed a letter by December 31, 2011 that explains the Independent Foreclosure Review process and a Request for Review Form that identifies some examples of situations that may have led to financial injury. The form must be completed and postmarked no later than April 30, 2012.
THE INDEPENDENT FORECLOSURE REVIEW IS FREE.
Watch out for scams – there is only one Independent Foreclosure Review.
Beware of anyone who asks you to pay a fee for any foreclosure review service, such as completing the Request for Review Form.
If your mortgage loan meets the initial eligibility criteria and you have questions, need a form by mail, or need help completing the form you have received in the mail, call 1-888-952-9105, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–10 p.m. ET or Saturday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. ET.
Esta información es precisa a la fecha de impresión y está sujeta a cambios sin previo aviso.
This information is accurate as of the date of printing and is subject to change without notice.
Kristin Ross-Sitcawich(978) 654-5617M-F 8:30a-5pm, Wednesday to 7pm
- About the Merrimack Valley Regional Network to End Homelessness
- FY14 Massachusetts-ESG Awarded Agencies
- Housing and Consumer Education Workshops at Community Teamwork
- Housing FAQ’s for Tenants & Landlords
- Merrimack Valley Regional Network 2012-2013 Meeting Schedule
- Network Members
- Veterans Support Services – Housing Consumer Education Center
- Free SMART Home Ownership Workshop Series wp.me/ptA5t-AG 1 month ago
- CTI Seeking Housing Consumer Education Counselor Team Member wp.me/ptA5t-AE 3 months ago
- HUD Contingency - How Federal Government Shut Down Effects Your Community wp.me/ptA5t-AB 5 months ago
- Lowell School Lunch/Breakfast Sign Up - There's an App for That! kristinforlowellkids.com/lowell-school-… 6 months ago
- CTI's Housing Education Center Seeking Two New Team Members wp.me/ptA5t-Aw 7 months ago
- 48,340 hits
- Free SMART Home Ownership Workshop Series
- CTI Seeking Housing Consumer Education Counselor Team Member
- HUD Contingency – How Federal Government Shut Down Effects Your Community
- CTI’s Housing Education Center Seeking Two New Team Members
- MA Unclaimed Property – Have You Checked Lately?
- Are you a hoarder? Know some who is?
- Employment Opportunities at Community Teamwork
- Resources for Non EA Shelter/Community Rooms Placement
- Affordable Auto Repair – Greater Lowell
- Tips for Grocery Shopping on a Budget