Coalition for a Better Acre Job Announcement:
Part-time Community Outreach Position
This position works under the supervision of CBA’s Community Organizer to engage neighborhood residents in activities focusing on community building, civic engagement and leadership development. This is a part-time, flexible position (15 hours/week), with potential to increase hours.
- Perform outreach to CBA’s members and tenants, and community in general. Activities include door-knocking, phone calls, distributing flyers and providing follow-up.
- Recruit families to participate in the Healthy Homes for All program which focuses on improving children’s health in diverse communities.
- Recruit and engage CBA members to increase civic engagement, develop leadership skills, work on organizing campaigns and participate at all levels of CBA.
- Liaison to neighborhood associations, community groups, church leaders, civic groups, and others in multiple neighborhoods of Lowell to build relationships and form partnerships.
- Increase CBA’s visibility and project a unified image among a broad range of stakeholders and residents.
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director or the Executive Director.
- One or more years experience as a community organizer or in an outreach position preferred.
- Strong commitment to working with a diverse group of people and building diverse leadership. Experience working in diverse communities.
- Excellent team building skills, ability to work cooperatively with the staff, board, and community members.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build strong relationships with others.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Demonstrated commitment to the community development field, and to building community/ resident leadership in the work of the CDC.
- Afternoon and evening hours required.
CBA is committed to maintaining a work environment that values and fosters diversity with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, physical ability, age, gender and sexual identity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Pamela Miller, Coalition for a Better Acre, 517 Moody Street, Lowell, MA 01854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org