The Institute for Health and Recovery is seeking a half-time (20 hours) Care Coordinator, for Project HEAL, a Shelter Plus Care housing program in Lowell.
The Care Coordinator will support IHR’s mission to develop a comprehensive continuum of care for adults, adolescents, and their families who are
affected by alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, HIV/AIDS, mental health problems, and violence/trauma by providing screening, coordination of services, and on-going case management for clients at Project HEAL; a program providing housing and supportive services to eight homeless individuals with disabilities, including history of substance use and HIV/AIDS.
This position is 20-hours per week, based in Lowell, MA, eligible for medical benefits, and is supervised by the Director of HIV and Homelessness Prevention Services.
• Screen applicants for Shelter Plus Care eligibility;
• Collect all necessary documentation for HUD eligibility;
• Conduct assessment, individualized service plan and ongoing care coordination activities with residents;
• Lead psychosocial recovery-oriented support groups, HIV health management group; and/or Life Skills
• Record and maintain demographic information on clients for HUD reporting;
• Provide support and technical assistance to clients and programs throughout the intake process,
including forms required by participating state agencies and treatment vendors.
• Degree in social work, counseling or related field, and/or equivalent experience in the HIV/AIDS or
substance use disorders treatment field,
• Previous clinical experience in the field of addictions disorders and HIV, as well as with co-occurring
mental health and trauma issues;
• Knowledge of MA housing law and Reasonable Accommodations preferred.
• Experience in community outreach and case management activities;
• Ability to work effectively with diverse cultural groups
• Good organizational and communication skills, both oral and written;
• Valid drivers license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly encouraged to apply
IHR offers a rewarding work environment with competitive salary, generous benefits and a strong commitment to diversity.
AA/EEO Employer. The applicant for this position openly understands & promotes diverse cultures & is aware of personal beliefs & lack of information that could impede cultural sensitivity. IHR will provide cultural competence trainings addressing areas of need.
Please send cover letter and resume, specifying position, to Human Resources, Institute for Health and
Recovery, 349 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139 |Fax: 617-661-7277 | email@example.com