|Job Title:||Property / Case Manager|
|Job Category:||Mental Health Residential Services (MH)|
|Number of Hours:||40|
|Schedule:||M – F 9am – 5pm|
|Summary: The Pathfinder Property/Case Manager is responsible for the oversight of 12 HUD apartment units including the coordination of routine maintenance needs, tenant screening, tenant placement, tenant relations, evictions, and rental collections. In addition, the Property/Case Manager will provide individuals in obtaining and maintaining housing, maximizing benefits, working with external agencies, establishing community relationships, and accessing internal resources as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:1. Coordinate tenant screening, including financial assessments for prospective tenants.
2. Facilitate tours of apartments as part of apartment marketing.
3. Develop and maintain positive relationships with local service agencies, HUD, Lowell D.P.D., L.H.A., housing providers, realtors, and community landlords.
4. Collect tenant rents and follow through on late rent collections including distribution of notices. Submit rents to Bridgewell financial services department.
5. Conduct common area inspections weekly as well as apartment inspections quarterly and/or as situation may warrant. Generate correspondence/reports for supervisor and follow-up letters to tenants as needed.
6. Coordinate evictions based on delinquent rent and nuisance cases and represent Bridgewell in housing court.
7. Mediate common in-house disputes between tenants.
8. Maintain on-going inspections, (heating system, fire, sprinkler) and operating license.
9. Report maintenance needs to Bridgewell Facilities Department in a timely manner.
10. Supervise TEP or designee to maintain common areas including outer perimeter of building.
11. Provide support to individuals with completing HUD housing applications and other needs associated with housing.
12. Document housing progress for each tenant using HUD HMIS system.
13. Conduct individual and group informational/educational sessions focused on ensuring housing stabilization, housing challenges and other issues.
14. Work with individuals on maximizing benefits and income including entitlements, work opportunities, and insurance management.
15. Maintain required documentation according to HUD and all applicable regulatory standards.
16. Maintain applicable core training certifications.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of housing services, challenges, and resources within demographic area
2. Knowledge of Massachusetts entitlements, housing subsidies, vocational opportunities, and State insurance programs.
3. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
4. Warmth, empathy, and ability to set limits while maintaining a positive and respectful attitude.
5. Flexibility, good judgment, organizational skills, and reliable
6. Proficient in using computer, word processing, spreadsheets, navigation of internet
7. Bilingual/bicultural especially in Spanish or Khmer is a plus.
|To apply for this position click here or email@example.com