This job posting just flew across my radar and thought I’d pass it on…
United Teen Equality Center
Director of Case Management/ Street Outreach
Status: Full-Time Hours: 40 hours, occasional evenings and weekends
Reports to: Director of Operations Compensation: Competitive salary
Benefits: Full Benefits
General Function: The Director of Case Management (DCM) will provide overall strategic planning and supervision for the case management department and the Streetworker program. The case management department and Streetworker program focus on out-of-school youth between the ages of 16 and20 of whom many are gang-involved, criminally-involved, and/or homeless. The DCM is a senior level position and contributes to the organizational planning related to all teen services in UTEC.
Organizational Expectations of Employees
- Follow organizational policy and procedures
- Bring determination to the organization’s mission
- Communicates clear messages to peers, co-workers, and teen members
- Meets departmental goals and objectives
- Sets the tone on reliability, attendance and performance standards.
- Communicates regularly with the supervisor, the Director of Operations
- Develop and maintain program policies, procedures, and expectations
- Supervise the Case Management Supervisor (CMS) and Streeworker team
- Assume weekly street outreach responsibilities as part of overall Streetworker gang intervention and prevention strategies.
- Analyze program operations to determine effectiveness, institute needed changes as program develops, and ensure that all program outcomes are met
- Completes youth worker training and other training requirements
- Build partnerships within the community and increase the number of collaborative programs with other youth agencies
- Oversee the assessment of client needs and the development of programs and services to meet client needs.
- Responsible for the oversight of the Case Management and Streetworker budgets.
- Provide monthly and other periodic reports. Reviews evaluation results using ETO systems and make program adjustments as needed.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of the peace making process with gang members.
- Provide senior leadership in the overall running of UTEC, particularly with regard to teen issues.
- Assist management team around overall organizational planning
- Oversee management of client caseload and work with CMS on maintaining case files.
- Facilitate streetworker staff meetings and case manager meetings
- Conduct performance evaluations every six months
- Develop and implement an ongoing training system for the case manager and streetworker teams.
Case workers Director competencies
- Leadership: Uses good interpersonal skill to gain buy-in around ideas or solutions from team members. Seeks to persuade rather than force solutions or impose decisions on others. Works with employees to defuse negative communication or negative attitudes.
- Work Management Skills: Performing effectively in the work environment.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving: Breaks down problems into smaller and more manageable situations; makes sound, well-informed and objective decisions. Compares information from a number of sources before making a final decision. Decisions that are made are fair and consistent.
- Technical Knowledge: Information necessary to perform job tasks in a timely manner.
- Stress Tolerance: Is able to handle stressful situations in a way that does not affect his or her work performance. Stress is managed effectively so that it does not affect other employees in their performance or emotional state.
- Teamwork: Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to reach organizational goals. Demonstrates effective partnerships with coworkers by involving others, sharing information, and sharing credit for team accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference in a related field
- Bi-lingual/Bi-cultural preferred
- Database skills highly desirable
- Strong case management background
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing environment
- Ability to implement work methods and procedures that promote a safe working environment and ensure proper staff training in workplace safety
- Flexibility to work hours, as program needs change.
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s Licenses
- Enjoy working with young people
- Ability to supervise personnel, including training, assigning and reviewing work, administering discipline, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and direct the operations of the Case Management Department to achieve established goals and maximize efficiency
- Experience in Street outreach and conflict resolution
- Sense of humor.
Please send resume and cover letter to JuanCarlos Rivera @ email@example.com