Institute for Health and Recovery
Norma Finkelstein, Ph.D., Executive Director
349 Broadway Cambridge, MA 02139 (617) 661-3991 Fax (617) 661-7277 TTY (617) 661-9051 http://www.healthrecovery.org
The Institute for Health and Recovery (IHR) is seeking a half-time (20 hours per week) Bilingual Family Engagement Specialist for the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Substance Abuse Engagement Project. The Bilingual Family Engagement Specialist will support IHR’s mission to
develop a comprehensive continuum of care for women, adolescents, and their families who are affected by alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, mental health problems, and violence/trauma.
This position is based in Lowell, MA.
• Provide home- and community-based outreach and engagement to Department of Children and
Families (DCF)-involved families in the Northeast region of MA;
• Conduct substance use/co-occurring disorders and domestic violence assessments;
• Develop service plans related to substance use/co-occurring disorders, trauma, relapse prevention,
recovery support and treatment retention;
• Work with DCF professionals involved with client;
• Maintain all written reports and records;
• Meet regularly with Clinical Supervisor;
• Attend DCF Area Office and Family Networks meetings as appropriate;
• Communicate with Cambridge office through use of shared online calendars, time sheets, and check
in/out with Supervisor.
• Masters’ level clinical license, or license eligibility, in social work or mental health counseling required
• Previous clinical experience in the field of addictions disorders, co-occurring mental health and trauma
• Previous clinical experience either within the child welfare system or as a collateral provider;
• Familiar with Northeast Massachusetts and community-based resources;
• Ability to work effectively with diverse cultural groups;
• Experience in home-based services, community outreach and case management activities;
• Good organizational and communication skills, both oral and written;
• Self-starter with ability to work independently;
• Must have a valid drivers license and regular access to a reliable vehicle; and
• Bi-lingual/bi-cultural (Spanish/English) candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
IHR offers a rewarding work environment with competitive salary, generous benefits and a strong commitment to diversity. The applicant for this position openly understands & promotes diverse cultures & is aware of personal beliefs & lack of information that could impede cultural sensitivity.
IHR will provide cultural competence trainings addressing areas of need.
Please send resume and cover letter, specifying position to:
Human Resources, Institute for Health and Recovery
349 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139 | firstname.lastname@example.org