Community Teamwork, Inc.
HOUSING CONSUMER EDUCATION COUNSELOR
Housing Consumer Education Center
Housing and Homeless Services Division
- Provides assistance to clients seeking HCEC services and makes referrals to other resources when appropriate.
- Assesses client needs through intake reports, which include services requested by the client, the services provided to the client, and other needs that the counselor and client determine.
- Provides counseling and education to clients related to housing issues.
- Works with challenging client situations that require a comprehensive housing counseling response.
- Assists in the expansion and development of HCEC workshops such as Tenant/Landlord Rights and Responsibilities, Budgeting, Financial Education, etc.
- Leads and co-leads workshops.
- Assists in development of outreach activities to clients and community.
- Manages data entry and database tracking of clients served: gathering, entering and maintaining client information and relevant data.
- Assist with statistical reports and tracking long-term outcomes as required by funding source.
- Follow guidelines and requirements of HCEC funding sources.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as required by supervisor.
- Other related duties.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred in human services related field
- 2 years housing search experience required.
- Experience working with homeless and low-income families and individuals preferred.
- Strong computer, communication and mathematical skills required.
- Sensitive to the needs of low income and homeless families and individuals.
- Bilingual: English/Khmer preferred.