Institute for Health and Recovery
Norma Finkelstein, Ph.D., Executive Director
349 Broadway Cambridge, MA 02139 (617) 661-3991 Fax (617) 661-7277 TTY (617) 661-9051 http://www.healthrecovery.org
The Institute for Health and Recovery is seeking a full‐time Recovery Facilitator for Project RENEW (ReEntry Network
for Empowering Women). Project RENEW will provide integrated, trauma‐informed intensive home‐based outpatient treatment and case management for adult women offenders with substance use and co‐occurring disorders, as they leave incarceration in Bristol County, to sustain safe reentry into their communities and reintegration into their families, reducing
relapse and recidivism.
This position is located in Taunton, MA, includes travel throughout Bristol County, and is supervised by the Project Director/Lead Recovery Facilitator.
• Conduct comprehensive SUD/COD assessment (GAIN), including trauma symptoms, for women in criminal justice
system, as they prepare to re‐enter the community
• Work with Bristol County Sheriff’s Office Women’s Center Reentry Team, AdCare Criminal Justice Services, and JSI staff to develop and implement treatment plans for successful community re‐entry of women
• Work individually with women to build relationships and begin the RENEW trauma‐informed intensive case management assessment process, integrating findings into re‐entry plan, and beginning to develop short and long term vocational, housing, personal, and family/social, safety and life needs goals, prior to re‐entry to community
• Deliver Seeking Safety curriculum to women on an individual basis, as well as co‐facilitating the group program within Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT) using the train‐the‐trainer model to build BCSWC staff capacity
• Meet with women at several times weekly upon release, using Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) focusing initially on meeting basic needs and short‐term goals (safety, housing, food, medical/HIV, sobriety, income, childcare) as prioritized by women
• Work with women to address long‐term goals such as reunification with children, improving parenting skills, building trauma recovery skills, and educational/vocational planning, using CRA, Nurturing Program, and Women’s Offender Reentry Collaborative WORC interventions
• Provide substance abuse and co‐occurring disorder treatment at women’s place of residence, utilizing Motivational Interviewing and Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment IDDT, until women are ready/able to access services in the community
• Integrate community providers into the case planning team as women transition to community‐based services for long‐term care and support
• Maintain accurate records, data and reporting as required by Project
• Meet regularly with Project Director
• Participate in bi‐monthly group supervision
• Advanced degree in social work, psychology, public health or related field; current CADAC/LADC and GAIN certification may be considered in lieu of advanced degree
• Extensive experience in working with women, particularly from the criminal justice system
• Experience in field of substance abuse, co‐occurring mental health issues, and trauma
• Ability to work effectively with diverse cultural groups
• Substantial clinical treatment experience with women in the criminal justice system, as well as ability to work on a community, systems, and policy level
• Experience in community outreach and advocacy
• Bilingual / Bicultural skills preferred (Spanish, Portuguese)
• Travel throughout Bristol Country required. Valid drivers’ license, regular access to a reliable vehicle necessary.
IHR offers a rewarding work environment with competitive salary, generous benefits and a strong commitment to diversity.
The applicant for this position openly understands & promotes diverse cultures & is aware of personal beliefs & lack of
information that could impede cultural sensitivity. IHR will provide cultural competence trainings addressing areas of need.
Please forward formal cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Institute for Health and Recovery, Inc, 349
Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139 or email (preferred) to email@example.com