Xavier House, Nashua NH
Elderly and Disabled Population
Responsible to The Caleb Foundation (Caleb) for supporting the corporate mission, vision, and values. Responsible for providing excellent customer service to residents. Responsible for ensuring ongoing compliance with Caleb’s organizational standards and policies. Responsible for carrying out the technical and non-technical maintenance work necessary to assure that the development is consistently well maintained. Responsible for ensuring that all work orders are completed in a timely, efficient fashion.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
1. Provides a safe environment for residents, employees and visitors.
2. Responsible for maintaining effective resident relations.
3. Performs property maintenance and related tasks including preventative maintenance, vacant unit preparation, work order program, physical inspections and compliance with regulating agency requirements.
4. Reviews work order details and performs required maintenance tasks.
5. Maintains cleanliness of building exteriors, common areas, vacant units, sidewalks and alleyways.
6. Keeps supervision informed of work order status, safety concerns, need for assistance and of any other problems or maintenance needs identified during the course of performing maintenance tasks.
7. Follows development-specific security and safety programs.
8. Conducts or assists with site-specific inspections per established standards.
9. Assists with the oversight of contract services and capital improvement projects.
10. Provides emergency call coverage.
11. Performs tasks specific to unit turnover.
12. Purchases materials, supplies, equipment and services necessary to perform maintenance tasks.
13. Ensures that the supervision is aware of maintenance activities and concerns.
14. Maintains a neat, well-organized work area.
15. Assists supervision with inventory control tasks.
16. Promotes a positive working relationship between supervisor, staff and other stakeholders.
17. Organizes tasks and sets priorities.
18. Assumes responsibility for ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
19. Participates and supports Caleb management initiatives.
20. Serves on Caleb committees and work groups as requested.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) or more year’s related experience working in a maintenance capacity in a property management setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Must possess a valid State issued Drivers’ License.
Must possess valid state license specific to the work performed (Contractor, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.), as required by State statutes.
Completion of an OSHA 10-hour training certificate, desired.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge specific to the maintenance of residential developments, including heating and ventilation systems, air conditioning systems, plumbing, carpentry and electrical.
Ability to make well-reasoned decisions, both independently and as part of a team.
Ability to follow-through to meet resident, agency, and organizational needs.
Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Ability to see both the larger picture and detailed steps needed to achieve organization related goals and objectives.
Visual and hearing skills, such as observing and listening to people speak.
Coping skills, such as flexibility in dealing with issues typical to a rental residential community setting serving an economically diverse or disadvantaged population.
Effective personal organization skills.
Ability to solve complex problems.
Ability to see both the larger picture and detailed steps needed to achieve desired results.
Ability to correctly spell, file and type.
Ability to meet job performance measures with minimal direct supervision and guidance.
To apply for this job, please send resume and cover letter stating location you are applying to, past experience and interest to:
email@example.com or fax to 781-592-0770.
Mail application to The Caleb Group, 491 Humphrey St, Swampscott MA 0190