Full-Time Property Manager
Chestnut Square Apartments and Sirk Building, Lowell MA
Responsible to The Caleb Foundation (Caleb) for supporting the corporate mission, vision, and values.
Responsible for providing excellent customer service to residents. Responsible for the day-to-day planning, management, oversight and supervision of the assigned development(s), including property maintenance, applicant processing, rent collection, unit turnover, regulatory compliance and supervision of assigned staff. Responsible for ensuring ongoing compliance with Caleb’s organizational standards and policies. Responsible for both organizational and operational outcomes, and for delivery on the organization’s strategic plans and critical success factors. This position requires the coordination of a wide variety of services to assure resident satisfaction and the on-going viability of the development(s). The incumbent will occasionally perform duties within each direct report role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
1. Provides a safe environment for residents, employees and visitors.
2. Responsible for maintaining effective resident relations.
3. Maintains waiting list and oversees waiting list procedures.
4. Coordinates new resident orientation.
5. Enforces terms of the lease, house rules, and policies established by management, including an awareness and conformance to the Drug-Free Housing Policy.
6. Oversees rent collection, delinquency, and eviction procedures.
7. Review and oversee the generation of operating reports and subsidy vouchers.
8. Coordinates unit inspections and ensures compliance with monitoring agency requirements, including annual and interim recertification procedures.
9. Coordinates unit turnover procedures.
10. Oversees marketing program.
11. Oversees property maintenance and related operations including preventative maintenance, vacant unit preparation, work order program, physical inspections and compliance with regulating agency requirements.
12. Oversees request for proposals (RFP), bid collections, and purchasing functions specific to completion of physical work in the development(s).
13. Develops and maintains development-specific security and safety programs.
14. Selects qualified competent department staff to provide quality services.
15. Promotes a safe work environment.
16. Ensures Caleb Foundation policies and procedures are communicated, applied and enforced.
17. Establishes and maintains effective employee relations by providing direction to and coordinating the day-to-day work activities of direct reports.
18. Trains direct reports on job responsibilities to ensure that work is performed in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
19. Provides performance feedback to direct reports.
20. Completes performance appraisals on time based on policy.
21. Conducts accident/incident investigations to determine root cause and appropriate corrective actions.
22. Ensures that payroll, attendance and paid-time-off records are properly tracked and reported.
23. Recommends operating and capital budgets and monitors allocation of resources.
24. Assumes responsibility for ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
25. Participates and supports Caleb management initiatives.
26. Serves on Caleb committees and workgroups as requested.
27. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent with five (5) or more year’s related experience working in a property management setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior rental experience (as landlord or property manager) desired.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Must possess a valid State issued Drivers’ License.
CP3 or tax credit certification, desired.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in managing rental properties.
Knowledge of regulatory standards (Fair Housing, HUD, NECHM, etc.) related to property management.
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of tax and budgeting processes specific to property management is desired.
Ability to make well-reasoned decisions, both independently and as part of a team.
Ability to follow-through to meet resident, agency, and organizational needs.
Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Ability to see both the larger picture and detailed steps needed to achieve organization related goals and objectives.
Visual and hearing skills, such as observing and listening to people speak.
Coping skills, such as flexibility in dealing with issues typical to a rental residential community setting serving an economically diverse or disadvantaged population.
Effective personal organization skills.
Ability to solve complex problems.
Ability to see both the larger picture and detailed steps needed to achieve desired results.
Ability to correctly spell, file, and type.
Proven, professional leadership and supervisory skills in a property management setting.
Demonstrated ability to select and hire direct reports.
Ability to meet job performance measures with minimal direct supervision and guidance.
LANGUAGE AND MATH SKILLS
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with residents, guests, staff, vendors, and with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Bi-lingual preferred.
Intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, and work with graphics.
Some originating and planning of work is needed. Tasks are varied and standard procedures often do not cover the situation. Supervision is available if needed, but not typically on-site, and the worker is expected to work out problems of medium difficulty without much direction.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS
Has access to personnel records, salaries, financial information and legal issues on a daily basis. Exposure could initiate employee relations problems, poor work morale, and possible legal action against Caleb . Utmost discretion and integrity are required for the job.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS
Has regular contacts with residents, families, general public and/or other staff, agencies, vendors and contractors. Requires tact to avoid misunderstanding in contacts where improper handling could affect results. Tact is required in these contacts and the employee assumes responsibility for harmonious relationships. Treats everyone with dignity and respect.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, VALUABLES AND BUDGET
The job has direct impact on total budgetary dollars. Responsibilities are for the direct control and accountability for these dollars.
Receives guidance based on general objectives for the job. Assigned duties are performed according to established policies and procedures. The employee determines methods, scheduling, work sequence and how to achieve assigned objectives.
Supervises, manages and directs the selection, training, development and work assignments of assigned employees. Establishes standards of performance and policies of a general nature. Completes performance appraisals according to policy.
Supervises 2 to 9 employees.
The job requires some motor ability such as the handling or operation of a multi-line telephone, personal computer or other office equipment; such operations are not a primary component of the job, nor is speed a basic requirement.
To apply for this job, please send resume and cover letter stating location you are applying to, past experience and interest to:
email@example.com or fax to 781-592-0770.
Mail application to The Caleb Group, 491 Humphrey St, Swampscott MA 01907