Director of Service Coordination
Full-Time Manager Position
Responsible to The Caleb Group (Caleb) for supporting the corporate mission, vision, and values.
Responsible for providing direct supervision to some Service Coordinators and guidance to all Service Coordinators to insure our more than 4,000 residents have opportunities provided at the properties to enhance their independent living. Responsible for ensuring ongoing compliance with Caleb’s organizational standards and policies. Responsible for working closely with the President/CEO, the office staff, property managers, and Service Coordinators to ensure adequate and appropriate programs are being provided for our residents at the property Caleb Opportunity Centers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
1. Provides leadership to all Caleb Service Coordinators as well as direct supervision of Service Coordinators working at properties which are not managed by Caleb.
2. Provides assistance to service coordinators with the development of resident-led programs ensuring that programs and services at the site align with Caleb’s mission.
3. Provides assistance to service coordinators in developing site-specific service coordinator budgets.
4. Prepares, distributes, collects and tracks quarterly service coordination reports.
5. Cooperates with Director of Development and Public Relations, as well as, Service Coordinators on resource development.
6. Promotes use of Caleb Opportunity Centers and their varying programs.
7. Promotes Workforce Development programs at family sites.
8. Maintains active memberships with regional and national service coordination organizations.
9. Selects qualified competent department staff to provide quality services.
10. Tracks training requirements of all Service Coordinators and ensures that all Service Coordinators attend required trainings annually.
11. Ensures that the policies and procedures of The Caleb Group are communicated, applied and enforced.
12. Establishes and maintains effective employee relations by providing direction to and coordinating the day-to-day work activities of direct reports..
13. Trains direct reports on job responsibilities to ensure that work is performed in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
14. Provides performance feedback to direct reports.
15. Completes performance appraisals on time based on policy.
16. Conducts accident/incident investigations to determine root cause and appropriate corrective actions.
17. Ensures that payroll, attendance and paid-time-off records are properly tracked and reported.
18. Promotes a positive working relationship between supervisor, staff and other stakeholders.
19. Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and set priorities.
20. Promotes the development of local Advisory Councils at each site.
21. Assumes responsibility for ongoing personal and profewssional growth and development.
22. Participates and supports Caleb management initiatives.
23. Serves on Caleb committees and workgroups as requested.
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in management, social work, psychology or related field with five (5) or more years work experience in a service coordination, human services or related capacity, experience supervising staff, experience supervising distance workers, experience leading or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Must possess a valid State issued Drivers’ License (Regional travel required.)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in service coordination specific to a rental residential community setting.
Knowledge of regulatory and legislative standards related to housing (Fair Housing, HUD, NECHM, etc.).
Knowledge of Workforce Development programs.
Ability to make well-reasoned decisions, both independently and as part of a team.
Ability to follow-through to meet resident, agency, and organizational needs.
Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Ability to see both the larger picture and detailed steps needed to achieve desired results.
Ability to solve complex problems.
Ability to correctly spell, file and type.
Visual and hearing skills, such as observing and listening to people speak.
Coping skills, such as flexibility in dealing with issues typical to a rental residential community setting serving an economically diverse or disadvantaged population.
Effective personal organization skills.
Ability to meet job performance measures with minimal direct supervision and guidance.
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, and work with graphics.
Some originating and planning of work is needed. Tasks are varied and standard procedures often do not cover the situation. Supervision is available if needed but the worker is expected to work out problems of medium difficulty without much direction.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS
Has access to personnel records, salaries, financial information, human resource and legal issues on a daily basis. Exposure could initiate employee relations problems, poor work morale, and possible legal action against The Caleb Group. Utmost discretion and integrity are required for the job.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS
Regularly represents The Caleb Group and interprets its policies and practices to all types of people within and outside the organization. Assumes responsibility for harmonious relationships. Treats everyone with dignity and respect.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, VALUABLES AND BUDGET
The job impacts total budgetary dollars. Responsibilities are for the direct control and accountability for these dollars.
Receives very general guidance based on general objectives for the job. Work is usually independent of others. The employee operates within department policy and uses independent judgment to achieve assigned objectives.
Supervises, manages, and directs the selection, training and development of assigned employees. Establishes standards of performance and policies of a general nature. Completes performance appraisals according to policy.
Directly supervises 5 Service Coordinators who work at sites that are not managed by Caleb. Responsible for the leadership of all 13 Service Coordinators at all of the sites.
The job requires some motor ability such as the handling or operation of a multi-line telephone, personal computer or other office equipment.
To apply for this job, please send resume and cover letter stating location you are applying to, past experience and interest to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 781-592-0770.
Mail applications to The Caleb Group, 491 Humphrey St, Swampscott MA 01907