Advocate/Case Coordinator – Domestic Violence Program-1100023
The Domestic Violence (DV) Advocate/Case Coordinator provides a wide range of services to domestic violence victim services to both patients and employees of Boston Medical Center, as well as consultation with those working to support victims of abuse. The advocate participates in multi-disciplinary, cross-departmental case reviews, training, and other institutional initiatives to improve the health care and employer response to domestic violence. The DV Advocate works under the shared supervision of the Domestic Violence Program Coordinator and the Supervisor of Social Work in the Department of Care Management.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Social Work, Public Health, Psychology or related field required.
- At least 3 years of work experience and demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of intimate partner abuse/victimization, principles of advocacy/empowerment approaches to victim services; experience in domestic violence intervention required.
- Training and/or experience in the impact of domestic violence on health; familiarity with the health care response to domestic violence including screening, assessment, documentation, etc.
- Excellent direct service/support skills, comfortable working with both adult and adolescent victims of domestic violence.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, speaking and writing skills; ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to work with a culturally and linguistically diverse patient and employee population.
- Excellent English communication skills. Prefer bilingual/bicultural candidates, with ability to speak Spanish and/or Haitian Creole.
:Allied Health – Other
: Boston-Newton Pavilion
: Mon-Fri days, occasional evenings
Days of Operation
: 5 day operation (Monday-Friday)
: No Weekends
To apply please go to: http://www.bmc.org/hr