DEPARTMENT OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
GRANT SPECIFIC – NATIONAL EMERGENCY GRANT
POSITION TITLE: Job Developer/Job Placement Specialist
SUPERVISOR: NEG Project Manager
JOB GROUP: 14 Union (35 hours per week)
SALARY RANGE: $35,053.20 – $42,588.00
The Job Developer/ Placement Specialist will be responsible for comprehensive job placement services to customers including but not limited to: marketability determination, job matching, referral, resume assistance, job counseling, job placement and follow-up. This is a grant specific position.
- Develops formal connections with companies and employers in order to market the skills, abilities, and qualifications of workers.
- In conjunction with the existing Job Bank system, develops and maintains current and useable Job Bank of career opportunities specifically tied to worker backgrounds, qualifications, and wage needs.
- Reviews each customer’s present skills and transferable skills in order to determine marketability.
- Reviews all customer background information, skills, and current job openings for appropriate job match.
- Provides current labor market and job trend information to customers.
- Arranges referral of appropriately matched worker(s) to identified company.
- Assists in the actual job placement and records all necessary placement information as required by grant and the MOSES system.
- Provides job placement follow-up services to ensure job retention, job growth and all promotional opportunities.
- Provides Worker Orientations and Job Development Workshops to identified workers in need of intensive job development strategies and services, including resume and cover letter assistance in both group and one-on-one sessions.
- Provides on going job counseling services to customers to overcome barriers for job placement.
- Interacts with other Career Center staff including Business Service Representatives and the Division of Career Services staff to enhance job placement opportunities for all workers.
- Participates in case conferences with Career Services Advisor staff to provide input and strategic planning.
- Prepares reports regarding company contacts, potential and actual placement figures for the Career Center Project Manager.
- Assists other staff with the development, organization and operation of Job Fairs and other specialty recruitment events for workers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Management/Marketing and Sales, or Education and Counseling is preferred; however, maybe be substituted with 5-7 years experience in job placement assistance and human resource development. Bilingual English/Spanish required. Must demonstrate strong computer skills and abilities. A keen working knowledge of local and regional economic conditions relative to job trends and occupational growth areas along with a well established knowledge base of regional and local employer/business community. The candidate must possess demonstrated ability to work independently and productively in this environment. In addition, strong marketing and oral and written skills a must. Preference will be given to a former qualified employee. Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
POSTING DATE: Sunday, March 27, 2011
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, April 8, 2011 by 4:00 pm
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO: Ms. Beverly Stopyra
Human Resources Coordinator
Division of Grants Administration
439 South Union Street, Bldg. 2
Lawrence, MA 01843