Money Follows the Person Housing Coordinator Administrator VI
Position Type: Non-Civil Service
Full-Time or Part-Time: Full-Time
Salary Range: $41,017.08 to $96,543.23 Annually
Facility Location: One Ashburton Place, Boston, MA 02108
Application Deadline: 01-06-2012
Posting ID: J28500
This position is funded from the Commonwealth’s annual operating budget.
* Work with the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) to identify strategies and resources for new integrated housing; respond to a Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Notification Of Funding Availability (NOFA); and develop strategies to increase various housing voucher programs.
* Work with DHCD to identify strategies by which existing housing resources can be directed to serve the MFP target populations.
* Oversee activities of five Regional Housing Coordinators (RHCs); meet regularly with RHCs , collaborate to develop and implement housing policies and procedures; ensure regions provide adequate housing resources to meet transition benchmarks; provide training, technical assistance and support.
* Work with other state housing agencies and entities to identify strategies and resources for the development of new integrated housing for the target population.
* Work within the Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) and across EOHHS agencies to ensure that MFP housing activities are consistent with other EOHHS housing strategies. Develop policies and procedures for equitably and efficiently referring MFP participants to set-aside or target units state-wide.
* Work with EOHHS and MassHealth to develop policies and procedures to ensure tenant stability. These might include a tenancy training program for new tenants, and the establishment of tenant services liaisons to help stabilize and preserve tenancies.
* Participate in regular meetings and conferences.
* Prepare regular reports for MassHealth, EOHHS, MFP Steering and Stakeholder Committees on housing units utilized and available; track data to ensure the project is meeting benchmarks.
* Work collaboratively to develop marketing techniques and materials to demonstrate program success and secure the interest of other developers.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have at least five years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, supervisory or managerial experience in business administration, business management, or public administration.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: None.
* Seven years of experience in housing, community or housing development, public administration or closely related fields.
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of state and federal housing programs, including generic affordable housing programs and those programs targeting people with disabilities.
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of local housing authority perspectives, practices, and requirements; experience in local housing environment a plus.
* Familiarity with disability issues and independent living philosophy.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to relate complex information to executive level decision makers, operations staff, stakeholders and general public.
* Excellent facilitation and organizational skills; ability to work effectively across multiple departments and agencies at the state, regional, and local level.
* Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and decision makers.
* Excellent problem-solving, analytic and research skills. Expertise in Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Experience in the fields of housing, communications, public relations or journalism; experience in developing and implementing effective public educational campaigns; understanding of and experience in marketing communication programs with multiple messages and target audiences.
* Ability to travel statewide on a regular basis.
The MFP Housing Coordinator will be instrumental in the implementation of an exciting new opportunity for Medicaid recipients to move from long term care facilities and rehabilitation settings to affordable homes in the community. This position will oversee the activities of 5 Regional Housing Coordinators around the Commonwealth and collaborate with various housing organizations to develop affordable and “qualified” housing units for the MFP participants. This position will report to the MFP Project Director.
This position is required as part of the MFP Demonstration Grant awarded to the Commonwealth this fiscal year by Center for Medicaid Services (CMS); and is focused on securing an adequate number of affordable housing units for people who are older and those with disabilities.
A criminal and tax history background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori and click on “Information for Job Applicants.”
How To Apply:
Please mail two (2) copies of resume and cover letter to:
Children, Youth and Families
Employment and Staffing Unit
600 Washington Street – 7th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
Please reference the Posting ID J28500 on all correspondence. Resume and cover letter must reference the Posting ID number. Materials submitted must be post marked by the posting deadline date in order to be considered.
Please submit a separate resume and cover letter if applying for multiple positions.