Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence (ATASK) Inc.,
Job Title: Cambodian Advocate (Part Time Position, 21 hours/week)
Division/Department: Community Based Services (CBS) –Lowell
Reports to: Program Manager, Asian Shelter and Advocacy Program
Summary: Provides victim advocacy to Asian battered women and their children in the Greater Lowell area and across Massachusetts as needed. Works as a team member of ATASK to provide comprehensive services to the Cambodian community. Provides a broad range of advocacy and stabilization services, based on each victim’s or family’s needs by performing the following duties
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist battered Asian victims – define, prioritize and address their needs regarding housing, legal, medical, childcare and welfare issues.
- Advocate and interpret for victims with various instructions to meet their needs to include advocating at courts, the welfare and housing offices and other shelters.
- Screen potential clients for intake and arranges to meet with incoming guests.
- Meet regularly with clients to give support and informal counseling.
- Regularly update and maintain client files, client case notes and client database.
- Work with other staff to provide support, empowerment and skills training to adult DV survivors and their children.
- Report regularly at staff meetings and trainings.
- Participate in the Silk Road Gala and other fundraising events as required.
- Actively participate and engage in meetings with Clinical Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field preferred
- 2-4 years of work experience in DV or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience in human services field
- CPR/ First Aid Certification highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills and other abilities:
- Must be very fluent in English (in reading, writing and speaking)
- Must be fluent in speaking in Khmer (preferably in reading and writing as well)
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Self starter and self motivated with attention to detail
- Ability to handle stress and meet work deadlines
- Commitment to ATASK’s mission of eradicating domestic violence and strengthening Asian communities
FAX or email your resume and cover letter to:
Sujata Ghosh, MSc, MSW
Program Manager, Asian Shelter and Advocacy Program
P.O. Box 120108
Boston, MA 02112
Fax: (617) 338-2354
Salary will commensurate with education and experience. The Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.