United Teen Equality Center
Transitional Coach (Caseworker)
Status: Full-Time Hours: 40 hours, occasional weekends
Reports to: Director of Case Management
Compensation: Competitive salary
Benefits: Full Benefits
General Function: A Transitional Coach overall missions is: to connect those young people most overlooked to the services they may be in need of, specifically around Education, Employment, and Case management. Work involves interviewing clients to identify problems, determining assistance needed, creating service plans and referring them to the appropriate agency and follow-up service. Responsibilities require considerable contact with young people between the ages of 16-24.
- Builds strong relationships with young people
- Manages a caseload of clients, maintain case files.
- Conducts comprehensive client assessments to collect functional, environmental, psychosocial, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information as appropriate to develop a case plan.
- Develop ISP that will assist young people in meeting their outcomes.
- Acts as a liaison between teens, organizations and other agencies;
- Creates and updates manual and/or computer database ( ETO) member files by recording each contact made with teens and families, and maintains records required for follow-up;
- Arranges services with providers as required by case plans;
- Assists teens complete written applications for social services;
- Provides supportive counseling and advocacy for clients.
- Conducts crisis intervention as necessary.
- Recruits teens for the program by identifying recruitment sources, developing publicity materials, and distributing and posting recruitment flyers;
- Provides emergency assistance, crisis intervention, and shelter assistance;
- Assesses training needs of teens and families;
- Monitors and verifies services provided to each client on a monthly basis, determining quality and effectiveness of services provided
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes.
- Follow-up: Caseworkers provide intensive follow-up to a core group of young people in most need of services (i.e. phone calls, home visits, follow-up calls to their teachers, youth worker, DYS caseworkers, or probation officers,). Follow-up is essential when working with out-of-school, gang, or court-involved youth.
- Strong case management back ground ( Minimum of two years)
- Drivin and pushes to get things done in a timely manner
- Must love working with young people between the ages of 15-23
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing environment.
- Flexibility to work hours as program needs change.
- Ability to provide own transportation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook and Internet.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- AA preferred/equivalent community experience accepted.
- Bi-lingual/bi-cultural preferred.
- Experience in Street outreach and conflict resolution
- Significant experience working with young people.
- Strong leadership, organizing & facilitation skills.
- Strong comfort level in approaching teens in various different situations.
- Ability to laugh at oneself a must.
Email resume and cover letter to JuanCarlos Rivera (Director of Operations) at Juan@utec-lowell.org.