Lowell Community Health Center Employment Opportunities
Clinical Case Manager
LCHC Teen Coalition will hire a full-time Clinical case manager to provide counseling to youth participants focus on young men who proven risk through individual case management, counseling and support of participants and families. This position also requires a background or knowledge of project coordination. This individual will work closely with the Program Director, Youth Violence Prevention Coordinator and LCHC Teen Coalition staff. This position is grant funded and will only be available with the award of the grant funds.
RESPONSIBILITIES included the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the primary Clinical Case Manager for the LCHC Teen Coalition
- Foster development of at-potential youth from the ages of 13-20 with a focus on young men who proven risk
- Support clients to develop skills and knowledge necessary for positive decision-making through client groups and retention activities
- Provide individual case management, counseling and support of participants with support from Clinical Supervisor.
- Attend all appropriate trainings and weekly program meetings.
- Assist program members with health care, testing and treatment referrals and educate members on these processes.
- Support participants to develop skills and knowledge necessary for positive decision-making and supportive of themselves and others.
- Assist with required data collection and evaluation reporting as directed.
- Collect input from parents, teens, community residents assuring target population representation in program decision-making processes and direction of outreach and education.
- Serve as a liaison between the program and service providers.
- Provide evaluation support to the Project Director
- Reports to LCHC Teen Coalition Director
Maintain standards that ensure quality of care in the delivery of program services and compliance with state and federal guidelines.
The individual must possess
- Background in counseling.
- Community organizing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of prevention work, particularly violence prevention.
- Bilingual and English preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in an adolescent service setting or health related position.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse cultures.
SALARY & HOURS:
Subject to LCHC’s discretion; 40 hrs/wk/Flexible nights and weekends.
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
The social worker provides clinical social work services with Adolescent males who are victims and/or perpetrators of gun and/or stabbing violence including: counseling around such issues of trauma, depression, anxiety, grief, domestic violence, relationship difficulties, parent-child problems & acculturation issues; counseling to children and families from the Pediatric Clinic on home and school issues including referrals to mental health clinics for psychiatric evaluation of a child or teen patient; evaluation of & reporting of abuse and/or neglect of children, the elderly or the disabled; finding resources for patients & offering referrals to outside agencies for treatment and/or concrete services and facilitating use of services, including referrals for Substance Abuse treatment; assisting patients to apply for entitlements or benefits; coordination of services and on-going case management of complex cases (including working with DCF and the Courts);crisis intervention in cases of patients with suicidal or homicidal ideation including arranging hospitalization if necessary. The social worker is required to be on call one day a week or more to assist walk-ins with such things as need for letters or referrals and deal with crises in any of the three above Clinics. The social worker is an integral part of the health care team and offers consultation to medical providers on mental health issues, as well as collaborating with them in the holistic care of the patient. The social worker attends LCHC team meetings and community meetings as necessary/appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and experience:
MSW required with at least five years post Master’s experience in a mental health setting or at least seven years pre Masters experience. Prior knowledge of a medical setting is helpful but not required. Knowledge of entitlement and benefit programs for low income people. Knowledge of State laws in relation to filing of mandated reports. Ability to work with non-English speaking patients through an interpreter including ability to appreciate and work with cultural differences. Skill in working with multi-problem clients with mental health & substance abuse issues. Ability to work in a fast paced atmosphere with challenging clients. Needs good organizational and collaborative skills.
Judgement and Independent Action:
The social worker is responsible for performing an initial assessment of the patient and follow-up action and/or on-going counseling. Evaluates needs and plans intervention accordingly. Performs clinical work independently and also in collaboration with team. Evaluates emergency situations and acts appropriately to intervene in accordance with legal requirements and NASW Code of Ethics. Requires emotional maturity, critical thinking skills and initiative.
Maintains accountability for her/his practice in accordance with the mission of the Health center and social work ethics, including maintaining patient confidentiality as appropriate. Participates in the annual performance evaluation by the supervisor. Participates in semi-weekly clinical supervision with assigned clinical supervisor and consults as necessary at other times.
Works as a team member in the Clinic and actively communicates with other Health Center providers and staff as well as outside agencies. Initiates interdisciplinary discussions as necessary to improve patient care and resolve patient issues.
Professional Behavior and Development:
Attends continuing education workshops/conferences to obtain required number of CEUs for licensure. Work time allowed for this. Remains flexible in meeting the changing needs and expectations of the clinic and/or department. Actively participates in staff and committee meetings. Participates in clinical supervision.
MANUAL AND VISUAL SKILLS
Ability to write assessments and document notes on Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
Ability to access patient information for clinical planning and assessment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
The social worker may be asked to supervise a BSW level staff person or an MSW intern.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current license as an LICSW – Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker – in Massachusetts.
Click here to Apply