Employment Opportunities at Boys & Girls Club of Lowell
Character & Leadership Development Program Director
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowellis seeking a dynamic and experienced youth development professional to lead our Good Character & Citizenship Program Area.
The Character & Leadership Development Program Director:
- Supervises and works with part time staff and volunteers to plan, implement and evaluate programs in our Games Room (ages 7-12) and Teen Room (13-18) that are fun and integrate team building, conflict resolution, educational games and social skills.
- Works with all staff to engage youth at from age 7 to 18 in service projects, volunteerism, local and regional leadership opportunities and internal leadership groups including advising at least one teen leadership group.
- Promotes and stimulates program participation, provides guidance and role modeling to members, ensures the safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the Club at all times.
- Oversees proper record keeping and reporting. Collaborates with community partners and represent Club at some community events.
- Collaborates with other staff to develop and structure quality programs in overlapping areas. Works with all staff and volunteers when needed. May be required to drive Club vehicles and be available for regular evening and occasional weekend activities.
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university preferred, but relevant experience will be considered.
- Two years experience participating in and coordinating similar programming, or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, group leadership skills, demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities and the ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems, ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth, ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Summer Program Staff
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is seeking energetic, resourceful and fun staff to implement summer programs including athletics, recreation, art, outdoor games and technology. Pay is $8.00-9.00 per hour
Send your resumes to:
Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell
Attn: Irena Sienko
657 Middlesex Street
Lowell, MA 01851-1410
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is an Equal Opportunity Employer