Community Teamwork is hiring Two Housing Counselors with one, a priority with bilingual (Spanish speaking) skills. Below is the job description, click here to apply online. Please. share amongst your networks.
Housing Consumer Education Counselor
Division/Department: Housing & Homeless Services- Homeless Prevention
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides assistance to clients seeking HCEC/HomeBase services and makes referrals to other resources when appropriate.
• Assesses client needs through intake reports, which include services requested by the client, the services provided to the client, and other needs that the counselor and client determine.
• Provides counseling and education to clients related to housing issues.
• Works with challenging client situations that require a comprehensive housing counseling response.
• Assists in the expansion and development of HCEC/HomeBase workshops such as Tenant/Landlord Rights and Responsibilities, Budgeting, Financial Education, etc.
• Leads and co-leads workshops.
• Assists in development of outreach activities to clients and community.
• Manages data entry and database tracking of clients served: gathering, entering and maintaining client information and relevant data.
• Assists with statistical reports and tracking long-term outcomes as required by funding source.
• Follows guidelines and requirements of HCEC/HomeBase funding sources.
• Attends all meetings and trainings as required by supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred in human services related field.
• 2 years housing search experience required.
• Good working knowledge of programs such as MSWord, Excel, Access and Publisher as well as strong math skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a client support team.
• Knowledge and experience working with low income, culturally diverse, and at-risk individuals.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with coworkers and those outside the organization.
• Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish) required.
• CORI review prior to employment.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATES: