As mentioned in previous posts, no give is too small, even a $5 dollar gift card.
While $5 may not seem like a lot, here are some gift card ideas that have a terrific impact:
- CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens for prescription co-pays/OTC medicine – chronic illness & mental issues are often intertwined within our homeless population. The ability to secure the appropriately prescribed medication to treat an illness is a great prevention tool for our homeless men and women. Once again, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”.
- Bus Passes – will allow homeless men and women to access services that they require, find employment or get to work so they can earn money to become housed once again.
- Pre-Paid Phone Cards – allows a homeless individual to facilitate communication with family, employment and service access.
- Haircut – gift certificate to a local barber or hairdresser.
- Subway, McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s and locally owned affordable eateries
- Dunkin Donuts and locally owned coffee shops
- Market Basket, Target, Walmart, Dollar Stores – food, toiletries, clothing
Gift card donations may be dropped off at the following locations where they will be disbursed to un-sheltered men & women, newly re-housed men & women.
3. Pathfinder – 94 Rock St. Lowell (978) 458-3387
All donations are tax deductible
Questions about what you can do?
Call Kristin (978) 654-5617 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for more ideas on how you can assist our homeless men and women to housing and self sufficiency.