Membership and Volunteer Administrator
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is seeking customer service oriented staff member to work at our program reception area, manage Club member and volunteer databases, and coordinate Club Volunteers and projects. The ideal candidate will bring a friendly, welcoming attitude and help to maintain an organized Club environment. Program reception includes answering phones, greeting club members, their parents, and visitors. Must be detailed-oriented and have the ability to multitask.
· Greet and scan in members.
· Maintain safety ensuring all adult visitors and volunteers are signed in and approved.
· Answer phones, providing general information and referring callers to other staff as necessary.
· Enroll and renew members including taking payments
· Maintain membership database and hard copy membership files.
· Generating accurate membership and participation reports as requested.
· Assist with new member and volunteer orientations and training
· Recruit volunteers and grow partnerships with colleges, schools and businesses.
· Develop and implement the Volunteer Assessment Process to ensure the best match between the skills, qualifications, and interests of the volunteers and the needs of the organization.
· Maintain a database for tracking volunteer activities including hours, roles, and event participation.
· Ensure volunteers are engaged through consistent and effective communication.
· Prepare reports regarding volunteer activities for funders, partners and publications.
· Supervise staff and volunteers who work at the front desk.
· Be a flexible member of the Boys & Girls Club team.
Qualities needed for this position are:
· High school diploma required; two years of business school or equivalency preferred.
· Minimum of three years of administrative support experience in an office environment preferred.
· Two years experience working with large groups of volunteers preferred.
· Strong customer service skills and a willingness to build relationships
· Dependable, organized, fast learner, excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, word processing with a high degree of accuracy, good grammar, database management, standard e-mail technology.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Detail oriented with effective organization skills.
· Ability to set priorities and manage workload with minimal supervision.
· Familiar with Lowell community.
Please email resumes to: HR@ lbgc.org
Fax to: 978-453-9740
Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell
657 Middlesex Street
Lowell, MA 01851-1410
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is an Equal Opportunity Employer