Assistant Director of Housing Supports (Programs)
MBHP is a non-profit agency and is the largest regional provider of rental assistance in Massachusetts. We serve approximately 8,800 tenants and 4,000 property owners with rental assistance in 29 communities and the city of Boston.
MBHP’s mission is to ensure that the region’s low- and moderate-income individuals and families have choice and mobility in finding and retaining decent affordable housing; all of our programs and initiatives are designed to encourage housing stability, increased economic self-sufficiency, and the enhanced quality of the lives of those we serve. To achieve our mission and to promote efficient service delivery, we work collaboratively with a broad array of service providers and neighborhood-based organizations.
The Assistant Director of Housing Supports will assist in the oversight of all MBHP Housing Supports Activities with a focus on the HomeBASE, HCEC, and RAFT programs. As such, the Assistant Director will be knowledgeable of all of the departments’ program rules, regulations and requirements as stipulated through various funding sources. This will include, but not be limited to, pertinent program regulations and requirements of the Department of Housing and Community Development, HUD, The City of Boston Department of Neighborhood Development (DND) and other federal, state, and private funders. S/he will also accept primary responsibility for the advancement of internal/interdepartmental communication systems and opportunities. S/he will also oversee, and ensure implementation of the department’s staff training. S/he will share supervision of the program managers with the Director of Housing Supports, dependent on programs and program needs. Finally, the Assistant Director will work closely with the Director of Housing Supports to assess and develop new and innovative opportunities for the clients of the various Housing Support teams.
Director of Housing Supports
* Ensure the integrity and consistency of all assigned department activities through monitoring, education and the development and implementation of quality assurance systems;
* Learn and disseminate program implementation rules and regulations as required by federal, state and private funders of all department programs and projects;
* Lead and mentor program staff to identify the specific needs of the tenants, property owners and other stakeholders that are served by the various specialized housing programs and to develop appropriate referrals and/or services to address those needs;
* Monitor quality of programs and services;
* Establish and improve interdepartmental communication systems to enhance collaboration;
* Ensure that all programs and services advance the MBHP mission;
* Share in supervision of program management staff and other staff as needed;
* Work to identify and develop appropriate training opportunities for departmental staff;
Direct and supervise program tracking of results as required for contract monitoring as well as for program assessment and development; Facilitate team meetings;
* Conduct evaluations annually and as needed;
* Conduct outreach activities including information sessions, trainings and workshops to other housing organizations, government agencies and social service agencies as needed;
* Work closely with Director of Housing Supports on annual program evaluation and planning;
* Attend internal and external committee meetings to learn about and share best practices and models and/or to advance the department’s and agency’s growth;
Assist with all program reports and work plans as needed; Assist with all hiring, orientation, training and staff transition needs; Track program progress and outcomes for each program being conducted with the HomeBASE and assigned programs.
Other duties as assigned.
B.A/B.S. degree or comparable relevant work experience; Minimum one to two (1-2) years housing experience; additional one to two (1-2) years of management experience preferred; Demonstrated success in tracking program outcomes, accurately assessing client needs, managing collaborative partnerships and working with a wide variety of consumers, many of whom have conflicting needs; Strong knowledge of the HomeBASE program; Superior analytical skills and problem-solving abilities, including a demonstrated ability to view challenges as opportunities and to proactively identify and implement solutions that are creative, innovative, and flexible; Strong presentation skills; accurate and detail oriented; Ability to represent MBHP in a professional manner; Excellent communication, and organizational skills; Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook; Willingness to work as part of a team to promote the goals of the program and agency; Demonstrated ability to work well in stressful situations and manage several complex tasks at once;
Multi-lingual preferred – verbally and written (preferred for internal candidates). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpretation and translation): Vietnamese, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, Spanish.
$ 63,850 with excellent benefits. This is an exempt position.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to:
Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership, Inc.
125 Lincoln Street, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER